How do you respond smartly?
Seven ways to give intelligent answers to questions
- If you are speaking in front of more than 30 people, always repeat the question so everyone can hear it.
- Validate the person asking the question with a brief compliment such as, “That’s a good question.” This sends a message to everyone in the room that you will be nice to people who ask questions.
What is an example of Negging?
“[Negging is] giving someone a compliment or at the very least a neutral statement while delivering an insult,” Donna Arp Weitzman, dating and relationship expert, tells Bustle. Examples? Wow, you’re actually pretty smart! or You can be so beautiful when you have makeup on!
Is giving the middle finger harassment?
A Raised Middle Finger Is Protected Free Speech, Appeals Court Rules. A raised middle finger is a form of free speech, a court has ruled, allowing a lawsuit by a driver who made the vulgar gesture at a police officer.
How can I be clever in conversation?
- 6 Things Smart People Do to Have Really Interesting Conversations. Hate small talk?
- Become genuinely interested in the other person.
- Show those pearly whites.
- Give the gift of a “five-minute favor.”
- Listen more.
- Make the other person feel important–and do it sincerely.
- Tell a good story.
How do you give good comebacks?
- Make a mental list of comebacks for different subjects.
- Don’t use the “talk to the hand” or put your hand in their face.
- Always act mature, even if you’re really not.
- If you have nothing to say stare blankly.
- Have a standard list of replies that might work for you.
- Find comebacks on the internet.
How do you get good at witty banter?
The best way to develop your witty banter skills is through natural story telling. It’s easier to do this if you think of your own past experiences. You were there at the time, so you can add details which give the story depth. Then add ‘off the cuff’ remarks which make the story even funnier.
How do you practice banter?
Think of them as inspiration.
- Always use a friendly tone and body language.
- Don’t banter until you know someone.
- Playfully challenge someone’s assumptions.
- Tease a friend who isn’t self-conscious.
- Be pedantic about what a friend meant.
- Banter based on an in-joke or previous event.
- Tease a bragging friend.
What is a witty banter?
What is witty banter? So, it’s a very broad term with many, many definitions. The way I essentially like to talk about it is a series of remarks that are quick, clever, smart, humorous. It’s all these things at once: disarming, vulnerable, funny. All those things at once are in this word witty.
What is the adjective of father?
Fatherly is an adjective that most commonly means like a father.
How do you respond when someone shows middle finger?
Bite my thumb at them, stick a thumb in my hear while waving with my fingers, stick out my tongue (raspberry), cross my eyes at them with my tongue out, etc… make it funny. If it’s my buddy Leslie, I show her my middle finger… that’s our “hello.”
How can you be creative in a conversation?
Here’s ten ideas to help get you started:
- Ask someone what their biggest challenges in life are.
- Ask someone what their greatest successes in life have been.
- Ask people what problems they face daily.
- Call a friend you haven’t spoken to in a while.
- Host a dinner party – invite people who don’t know each other.
What is a good comeback to shut up?
Funny and playful comebacks to shut up
- 01“Awww, are you having a bad day?”
- 02“I will not be silenced!”
- 03“Make me.”
- 04“Your wish is my command.”
- 05“Roses are red, violets are blue.
- 06“If you don’t wanna hear me, cover your ears.”
- 07“I have the right to remain silent but not the ability.”
- 08“I cant.
Is witty banter flirting?
At the very least, banter and flirting have a lot in common. They’re both light, fun and playful. But not all banter is flirting. There are a few things you can do to make sure that you’re flirting while bantering and keep yourself out of the friend zone.
What does quick wit mean?
English Language Learners Definition of quick-witted : having or showing the ability to think and understand things quickly.
How do you become quick witted?
Work on your listening skills. There is no magic formula for developing a quicker wit, but improving your listening skills can help immensely. Look at the other person, and focus on their words and what they mean by them.
How do you know a guy is losing interest in you?
He’s often making excuses and you feel like you’re no longer a priority. His recent attitude and behavior make you think you’re no longer a priority to him. He doesn’t really pay attention to you and his plans never fit into your schedule.3
How do you respond when someone asks a dumb question?
3 smart ways to answer stupid customer questions
- Corrective answer. Instead of pointing out the silly question, try to answer the question they meant to ask.
- Information overload. Answer the question they’ve asked and then give more details to answer the questions that would follow.
How do you text a guy without looking desperate?
The best way to steer the attention away from you appearing desperate is if you get him excited. Make him want to text you back right away and he won’t pay any attention to how fast you text back. #4 Tell him you had fun together. Tell him he was really fun when you two met or got together.
How do you tell if he’s into you?
20 Signs He Likes You
- 1) He Asks You Lots of Questions.
- 2) You’re Not The Only One Starting The Conversations.
- 3) He’s More Considerate.
- 4) He Initiates The Dates.
- 5) He Makes An Effort With Dates.
- 6) He’s Not Afraid To Call It A Date.
- 7) He Goes Out Of His Way To See You.
- 8) He Wants To Take Things Slow.
What does it mean when a guy says not really?
“Not really” means not exactly. It is a response to a question where it means “Not all of what you said is true. It is true to only to some points – not totally.” The attitude of the speaker, is that of being helpful. Usually, when “Not really” is said, it is followed by an explanation why it is like that.
Is Nah rude?
Nah means no. You can use it the same way you use no to respond to questions, but remember that it’s very casual. Using nah in formal situations may seem disrespectful.
What is the reply of really?
|reply to “really|
|Reply to “Really?”|
|Sound heard in response to really bad jokes|
What do you say when someone asks an obvious question?
MOST obvious questions are just ways to call attention to something without taking the risk of being wrong. e.g. “You got your hair cut!” “Are you injured?” basically is asking if there is any serious damage you should be aware of. “Are you hurt?” would be the obvious question you’re looking for.
How do you tell someone to stop asking questions?
17 Amazing Tricks for Dodging Unwanted Questions
- Enlist the help of a friend. Sometimes, you just know someone is going to ask you an unwanted question.
- Restate—and reframe—the question.
- Deflect with a joke.
- Offer advice instead of an answer.
- Deflect the question back to the asker with a compliment.
- Turn the tables.
- Address a related, but safer, personal topic.
How do you tell if a guy likes you more than sexually?
12 Signs That He Wants More Than Sex
- He shows you off on social media.
- He gets jealous.
- He is interested in your daily life.
- He talks about his goals and dreams.
- He compliments your personality.
- He never ignores your texts or calls.
- He is willing to please you.
- He stays over to cuddle all night.
How often should a guy text if he likes you?
Still, a few text messages a day are proof that he likes you. You should look for three to five messages a day, unless you strike up a conversation, then look for more. The most important thing to look out for is whether or not it seems like you’re on his mind.19
How do you tell if a guy is interested in you or just being friendly over text?
How to know if a guy likes you through texting
- He texts back fairly quickly.
- He texts you good morning.
- He wants to know about you.
- You joke around and share funny things together.
- He tells you he would rather be with you than texting.
- He flirts when texting.
- He will initiate texting you.
- He texts you good night.
How do you respond when you don’t know what to say?
What to Say When You Don’t Know What to Say…
- Use open questions: If you’re struggling with what to say to someone why not try asking them an open question and see if you can get them to open up a bit more about how they are feeling.
- Summarise and reflect what someone is saying.
- Short words of encouragement.
- Know your limits.
Can you fall in love through texting?
In fact, there are certain texting signals that mean they’re falling in love. Of course, texting is not the only way to tell if someone’s falling. For example, someone who always responds quickly or sends you texts for no particular reason may definitely be developing some stronger feelings for you.8
How do you respond to obviously?
Simply asking “What do you mean?” or “Can you explain it further?” is a good way to keep them talking. If the details in their obvious point start breaking down it should open the discussion up for a direct counterpoint or counterexample: Obviously blah blah. What do you mean?
Is he into me or just being nice?
If you’re talking with a guy and he makes eye contact with you, that’s a good sign that he’s into you. If he’s just nice, he might listen to you, but his eyes will probably be elsewhere. But a guy giving true, prolonged, and frequent eye contact is a clear sign that the guy is interested in you romantically.18
What do you say when something is obvious?
Ways of saying that something is obvious or known – thesaurus
- of course. adverb.
- naturally. adverb.
- evidently. adverb.
- obviously. adverb.
- it goes without saying (that) phrasal verb.
- needless to say. phrase.
- it stands to reason (that) phrase.
- as you know. phrase.
How do you know if a guy is interested or just being friendly through text?
How to know if a guy is interested or just being friendly through text? It’s simple, see-through text. If he rarely texts you, it means he is just being a friend to you. Otherwise, if he always texts you with a tease that means he is interested in you.
Do guys like being asked out?
And yes, guys do enjoy the novelty of being aaked out cause of the fact that most guys don’t get asked out often. So they will be pretty amenable to a date because it is quite unusual and exciting when a girl asks us out. Unless… they’re just really not feeling it or circumstances aren’t favourable.
How does text show affection?
If you don’t know where to start, here are some ideas to help you begin your own sweet text serenade:
- Express What You Wish You Were Doing.
- When You Think Of Them, Let Them Know.
- Tell Them How They Make You Feel.
- Send A Text Of Worship.
- Own The Cheesiness.
- Tell Them A Story.
- Send Them A Song.
- Give Them A Superlative.
Do guys like texting?
Please text us first. Again, guys hate texting so it’s usually up to you to send the first text. Most guys will be flattered and see it as confirmation that you like us. Once we have that confirmation, it’s a lot easier for us to let our guard down and admit that we like you as well.
How do you respond to not really?
Limit them to ‘I feel so calm and relaxed with you when you are happy’, but only if it is totally true. Also, you can ask when someone replies “Not really” with “What do you mean by that?” And seek clarification with them, not us, then and there in the same conversation.
How do I get him to text me more?
How To Get Him To Text You First? 10 Tips To Make Him Text You First
- 1) How To Make Him Text You First.
- 2) Don’t Be Always Available.
- 3) Give Him A Reason.
- 4) Find Out If He Likes Texting.
- 5) Don’t Text Him.
- 6) Have Fun With Him.
- 7) Make Him Remember You.
- 8) Meet His Friends.
How can I make him miss me badly?
Go by these 20 simple ways and we are sure you will be able to make your guy miss you badly.
- Stop texting him.
- The waiting game.
- Always be the first one to hang up.
- Have a signature.
- Don’t give away everything.
- Leave things “accidentally“
- Use social media as your weapon.
- Be busy when he asks you out.
What do guys say when they like you?
- 25 things guys say when they like you.
- #1 You have beautiful… *insert compliment here*.
- #2 I like what you are wearing.
- #3 You make me laugh.
- #4 I feel like we understand each other.
- #5 We should hang out more often.
- #6 We should go for coffee sometime.
- #7 You can borrow it.
What is the word for stating the obvious?
Stating the obvious is perhaps best stated as “self-evident.” For example, “A street is better than a little trail to connect those two large neighborhoods.” “That’s self-evident.”