How do you use long story short in a sentence?
To cut a long story short, he offered me an appointment. So, to cut a long story short, we left well alone. Therefore, to cut a long story short, after considering the matter my friend has had to leave dairying altogether.7 วันที่ผ่านมา
What is Long story short?
(idiomatic) Introducing a short version of, or simply the conclusion of, a relevant story. Anyway, long story short, I totally screwed up today.
How do you write a sad scene?
How to Write a Painfully Sad Scene in Your Novel
- Foreshadow the scene. Foreshadowing as a writing tool for sad scenes can be really useful, especially if you want to emphasize the importance of the scene.
- Personalize it.
- Lace it with irony.
- Add atmosphere.
- Add contrast.
How do you use no pain without gain in a sentence?
- We work 16 hours a day, but no pain, no gain.
- The girls study very hard. There is no pain, no gain.
- My mother always says “no pain, no gain”.
- The couch always says no pain, no gain.
- We work hard so we can be successful. We must remember no pain, no gain.
How do you make a long story?
make a long story short
- abbreviate a long explanation into a short one.
- get to the point.
- give only the basic facts instead of a full explanation.
- give a short version or only the conclusion of a long story.
- leave out details of a long winded narration.
What does the idiom make a long story short mean?
US (UK to cut a long story short); (also spoken long story short) used when you are explaining what happened in a few words, without giving all the details: We started going out and, to make a long story short, we ended up getting serious about one another.7 วันที่ผ่านมา
Is Long story short formal?
2 Answers. It is an idiomatic expression (cliche – thanks @Accumulation) and, though it is polite, it is not formal in the sense that it would be out of place in, for example, a business proposal.
What does the idiom Your guess is as good as mine mean?
informal. something you say when you do not know the answer to a question: “What’s he doing?” “Your guess is as good as mine.”
Is no pain no gain a metaphor?
No pain, no gain is a proverb that means in order to make progress or to be successful, one must suffer. This suffering may be in a physical or mental sense. The phrase no pain, no gain was popularized in the 1980s by the American actress, Jane Fonda. No pain, no game is an eggcorn of the expression no pain, no gain.
How do you write a depressing story?
6 Tips for Writing a Sad Story
- Tap into your own emotionality.
- Know the difference between sentimentality and truth.
- Leave room to be surprised by specific detail.
- Pair strong emotions with ordinary ones.
- Use backstories to add weight.
- Use sad moments to further character development.
How do you make a short story?
What are the steps to write a short story?
- Find your key emotion. The revelation, the heart of the matter, the core meaning — all the same thing when it comes to short story writing.
- Start with a hook.
- Write the story.
- Write a strong ending.
- Reread your story.
- Edit yourself.
- Ask others for editing help.
What is the idiom for make a long story short?
The phrase ‘To Make a Long Story Short’ is used to indicate that you are providing just the basic facts rather than giving a lengthy explanation for something. Example of Use: “To make a long story short, I ran into Tony and we decided to go to the game together.”