What does highlighting mean?
English Language Learners Definition of highlight (Entry 2 of 2) : to make or try to make people notice or be aware of (someone or something) : to direct attention to (someone or something) : to be a very interesting, exciting, or important part of (something) : to mark (something, such as text) with a bright color.
How much of a text should you underline or highlight as you read it?
How do I remove duplicate paragraphs in Word?
Click one of the function buttons to remove repeating or duplicate words from the text. To remove a next batch of repeating words, click on the [Clear] button first, then paste the text content with repeating words that you would like to process.
Why is it important to highlight information?
The purpose of highlighting is to draw attention to important information in a text. Effective highlighting is effective because it first asks the reader to pick out the important parts, and then gives an effective way to review that information later.
How do I delete duplicate words in Word 2016?
[How To] Remove Duplicate Words and Phrases in MS Word
- From the Edit menu, select Find and then open the Replace tab.
- In the Find box, enter the word you want to check.
- In the Replace box, type ^& (press shift 6 to get the ^ character). This tells MS Word to find the word but not to replace it.
- Click Replace All.
How will you select an entire sentence?
You may not have known, however, that you can use the mouse to select a sentence. To select a sentence using the mouse, simply hold down the Ctrl key as you click anywhere within the sentence. The entire sentence, along with any trailing spaces, is selected.
What is another word for highlight?
SYNONYMS FOR highlight 1 stress, accent, underline, feature.
How do you highlight keywords in an article?
Hold the Ctrl keyboard key and press the F keyboard key (Ctrl+F) or right-click (click the right mouse button) somewhere on the article and select Find (in this article). This will bring up a text box to type search words into (see picture below).
How do you highlight a whole sentence?
If you want to highlight a whole line of text, move your cursor to the start of the line, hold the Shift key, and then press the Down arrow . You may also use the shortcut key combination Shift + End . Tip: If you want to highlight all text, press the shortcut key Ctrl + A .
How do you highlight important information?
- Only highlight after you’ve reached the end of a paragraph or a section.
- Limit yourself to highlighting one sentence or phrase per paragraph.
- Highlight key words and phrases instead of full sentences.
- Consider color-coding: choose one color for definitions and key points and another color for examples.