What does Protent mean?
1 : something that foreshadows a coming event : omen, sign. 2 : prophetic indication or significance.
Who is a genuine person?
Genuine people are open-minded, which makes them approachable and interesting to others. No one wants to have a conversation with someone who has already formed an opinion and is not willing to listen. Having an open mind is crucial in the workplace, as approachability means access to new ideas and help.
What is a tenuous situation?
Tenuous is also used to describe a situation that is fragile and could break at any moment. In general, tenuous refers to anything week or flimsy that could easily come undone: tenuous construction, tenuous argument, a tenuous grip.
What is the nearest in meaning of nebulous?
nebulous \NEB-yuh-lus\ adjective. 1 : of, relating to, or resembling a nebula. 2 : indistinct, vague.
What is the opposite word for vague?
What is the opposite of vague?
What is the opposite of ostensibly?
Opposite of seemingly, apparently, on the surface. genuinely. improbably. obscurely. really.
How do you use nebulous in a sentence?
Nebulous in a Sentence 🔉
- After the car accident, his memories were quite nebulous.
- Scientists are not certain why nebulous gas balls rotate around the planet.
- It was not difficult to realize her answer to the question was nebulous.
- Beauty is a nebulous term until it is defined by the beholder.
What is a sesquipedalian word?
adjective. 1. sesquipedalian words are long and have many syllables. 2. sesquipedalian speech or writing is characterised by the overuse of long words.
What’s another word for genuinely?
What is another word for genuinely?
What does genuinely mean?
in a real or genuine way
How do you use ostensibly in a sentence?
Ostensibly in a Sentence 🔉
- Although Clyde had plans to spend the day with his mistress, ostensibly he appeared to be getting ready for work by packing his brief case.
- Ostensibly, the celebrity seemed to be hiding from photographers by wearing a disguise.