What should my readability score be?
Under the Readability section, you’ll see a numerical score. The higher the number, the easier it is to read your document. In most cases, you should aim for a score of 60 or higher. With a score of 60, your document will be easy to read for most people with at least an eighth-grade education.
How do I make my articles more readable?
Make Your Web Content More Readable
- Use strong headlines.
- Use lots of subheads.
- Use bullets and numbered lists.
- Use white space.
- Keep sentences short.
- Keep paragraphs short.
- Keep line width short, too.
- Use colors, bold and italics for keywords.
How do you change passive voice to active exercise?
Change the following active sentences into passive voice.
- I did not beat her. She is not beaten by me.
- I will never forget this experience.
- Mother made a cake yesterday.
- The boy teased the girl.
- Did she do her duty?
- The tiger was chasing the deer.
- She has written a novel.
- She has learned her lessons.
How do I improve my readability score in Word?
Are there proven strategies to improve readability?
- Use short, easy words.
- Shorten your sentences.
- Nix some of your adjectives and adverbs.
- Drop the jargon.
- Use reader-friendly fonts.
- Break up your copy.
- Test your writing using readability formulas, and aim for grade level 7 or 8.
How do you know if the sentence is active or passive?
Remember: If the subject is performing the action, then the sentence is in active voice. If the subject is simply receiving the action, then the sentence is in passive voice.
How do you teach active passive?
How to Teach the Passive Voice: 5 Simple Steps
- STEP 1: Recognizing the Active Structure. Not all sentences can be changed to the passive voice.
- STEP 2: Make the Object the Subject.
- STEP 3: Changing the Verb.
- STEP 4: When the Subject Remains.
- STEP 5: When to Use the Passive.