How can I test my CPU fan?
Testing an Installed Fan
- Download and install SpeedFan.
- Launch SpeedFan and wait a few minutes for it to retrieve data.
- Examine the information presented in the main program window.
- Check the RPM data for your CPU fan and compare it with the normal RPM range listed in the manual or specifications sheet for it.
How do I trigger my CPU fan?
How to Manually Power on CPU Fans
- Start or restart your computer.
- Enter the BIOS menu by pressing and holding down the appropriate key while your computer is starting up.
- Locate the “Fan Settings” section.
- Look for the “Smart Fan” option and select it.
- Select “Save Settings and Exit.”
How do I test my CPU fan on my laptop?
Turn your computer on. Depending on the type of laptop, you should be able to tell where a cooling fan is located and where it blows the hot air out. Place your ear up to that point in the body of your laptop and listen for a fan. If it is running, you should be able to hear it.
How long should a CPU fan last?
A good fan should last 5-6 years without incident, the cooler should last hundreds.
How do I fix my CPU fan not spinning?
- Restart your computer. As simple as it sounds, restarting your computer might be the fix for your issue.
- Clean your fan. Cleaning your fan is not an easy task if you haven’t done it before.
- Repair or replace your power supply unit.
- Replace your fan and motherboard.
- Reset or flash your BIOS.
How can I test my HP laptop fan?
Checking the Fan
- Turn on your Pavilion and close the display panel.
- Flip your laptop upside-down and place it on a clean, flat surface.
- Shine a flashlight into the vent on the bottom of the computer and look to see if the cooling fan is spinning.