What address do I mail my IRS tax return to?

What address do I mail my IRS tax return to?

Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas: Internal Revenue Service, P.O. Box 1214, Charlotte, NC 28201-1214. Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming: Internal Revenue Service, P.O. Box 7704, San Francisco, CA 94120-7704.

Do Puerto Ricans file Form 1040?

Residents of Puerto Rico who aren’t required to file a U.S. income tax return must file Form 1040-SS or Form 1040-PR with the United States to report self-employment income and if necessary, pay self-employment tax.

What is IRS Form 1040-PR?

Self-employed persons in Puerto Rico use Form 1040 (PR) to compute self-employment tax.

Does PR pay federal taxes?

Puerto Rico is an unincorporated territory of the United States and Puerto Ricans are U.S. citizens; however, Puerto Rico is not a U.S. state, but a U.S. insular area. Consequently, while all Puerto Rico residents pay federal taxes, many residents are not required to pay federal income taxes.

Can I upload my tax return to the IRS?

Yes, you can file an original Form 1040 series tax return electronically using any filing status. Filing your return electronically is faster, safer and more accurate than mailing your tax return because it’s transmitted electronically to the IRS computer systems.

What is 1040NR?

Form 1040NR collects income tax from individuals who live or work in the U.S. for a significant part of the year, yet who do not possess a green card or U.S. citizenship. If you earn income in the U.S. and meet one of two “days of presence” tests, then you may be required to file this form.

How do I file my taxes in Puerto Rico?

If you are a bona fide resident of Puerto Rico during the entire tax year, you’ll file the following returns:

  1. A Puerto Rico tax return (Form 482) reporting your worldwide income.
  2. A U.S. tax return (Form 1040) reporting your worldwide income. However, this 1040 will exclude your Puerto Rico income.

Can I just file federal and not state?

Yes. You can file them separately. Although state returns can be e-filed with your federal return (or after your federal return has already been accepted), it’s no longer possible to e-file state returns before the federal.