How do I add a condition to a drop down list in Excel?
The first Excel drop down list will set the condition, the region….To create the Region list, do the following:
- Select H2.
- Click the Data tab and then click Data Validation in the Data Tools group.
- From the Allow drop down, choose List.
- In the Source control, enter (or select) $B$2:$E$2 (Figure B).
- Click OK.
How do you write a IF condition for a drop down list?
To create a drop-down list which changes according to what the user selects, you can use an IF statement within the data validation feature.
- Click in C2.
- In the Ribbon, select Data > Data Tools > Data Validation.
How do you make a drop down list change depending on selection in Excel?
Edit a drop-down list with items that have been entered manually
- On the worksheet where you applied the drop-down list, select a cell that has the drop-down list.
- Go to Data > Data Validation.
- On the Settings tab, click in the Source box, and then change your list items as needed.
How do I use Data Validation in a drop down list in Excel?
Create a drop-down list
- Select the cells that you want to contain the lists.
- On the ribbon, click DATA > Data Validation.
- In the dialog, set Allow to List.
- Click in Source, type the text or numbers (separated by commas, for a comma-delimited list) that you want in your drop-down list, and click OK.
Can you do conditional Data Validation in Excel?
Conditional data validation means restricting the choices in an Excel drop-down list depending on the value in another cell (or in another drop down, for that matter). Here, we will find out how to create conditional Excel drop down using Data Validation.
How do you make a drop-down list change depending on selection?
In the same or in another spreadsheet, select a cell or several cells in which you want your primary drop-down list to appear. Go to the Data tab, click Data Validation and set up a drop-down list based on a named range in the usual way by selecting List under Allow and entering the range name in the Source box.
How do you make a drop down list change depending on selection?
How do I create a multi level dependent drop down list in Excel?
To create a multi-level dependent drop down list, please do with the following steps:
- Firstly, create the data for the multi-level dependent drop down list.
- Secondly, create range names for each drop down list values.
- Thirdly, create Data Validation drop down list.
- Click to Download Kutools for Excel and free trial Now!
What is a dynamic drop down list in Excel?
A dynamic drop down list in Microsoft® Excel® is a convenient way of selecting data without making changes to the source. Let’s say you have a list where you are likely to add or remove values, a dynamic drop down would be the best option to select data.
How do I create a drop down list in Excel without Data Validation?
You can’t create a drop down list in Excel without using the Data Validation feature. Think of Data Validation is a restriction or limitation that Excel applies to the cells you specify. You can choose the criteria, of course.
How do I use Data Validation in a drop-down list in Excel?