What word is fewest?
Definitions of fewest. adjective. (superlative of `few’ used with count nouns and usually preceded by `the’) quantifier meaning the smallest in number.
How many words can you make out of fewest?
41 words can be made from the letters in the word fewest.
What words have less at the end?
10 English Words Ending in -LESS
- careless = without care.
- doubtless = without a doubt.
- endless = without end (or very long)
- fearless = brave, without fear.
- helpless = unable to help oneself.
- homeless = someone who has no place to live.
- hopeless = without hope, without possibility of success.
- restless = agitated, not relaxed.
Does fewest mean less?
Fewest definition Superlative of few; the smallest number.
What words can be made from terrify?
Words that can be made with terrify
What words can you make with hotdog?
Words that can be made with hotdog
What is the example of less?
Less means a smaller amount or something not as important. An example of less used as a noun is in the sentence, “She used less than he did,” which means she used a smaller amount that he did.
What does less mean suffix?
-less. an adjective suffix meaning “without” (childless; peerless), and in adjectives derived from verbs, indicating failure or inability to perform or be performed (resistless; tireless).
How do you use the fewest?
The least and the fewest
- The least is used before uncountable nouns. It is the superlative of little.
- The least can be used without a noun if the meaning is clear from the context.
- The fewest is the superlative form of few.
- The least can be used before adjectives.
- Not in the least means ‘not at all’.