How do I write a cover letter for a scientific journal submission?
- Editor’s name (when known)
- Name of the journal to which you are submitting.
- Your manuscript’s title.
- Article type (review, research, case study, etc.)
- Submission date.
- Brief background of your study and the research question you sought to answer.
- Brief overview of methodology used.
What should be in a cover letter for a journal submission?
What makes an effective cover letter?
- Addressee’s information and date of submission.
- Opening salutation.
- Purpose statement and administrative information.
- Summary of main research findings and implications.
- Statements or information required by the journal.
- Closing salutation and your contact information.
How do you write a cover letter for a research paper?
How to write a cover letter for a research paper
- Set up the formatting.
- Place contact information.
- Open the letter with a professional greeting.
- Describe your submission.
- Personalize for the journal.
- Describe similar published works.
- Include a list of potential reviewers.
- Add all necessary disclaimers.
What is a cover letter for a scientific journal?
The cover letter is a formal way to communicate with journal editors and editorial staff during the manuscript submission process. Most often, a cover letter is needed when authors initially submit their manuscript to a journal and when responding to reviewers during an invitation to revise and resubmit the manuscript.
How do you write a letter for submission?
What should you mention in a cover letter for document submission
- Start with your contact details and your name.
- State why you’re contacting the company.
- An itemized list of documents.
- Express your excitement.
What is the format of covering letter?
The proper cover letter format includes your name, contact details, salutation, three body paragraphs, and a sign-off.
What is a submission document?
A submission is a proposal, report, or other document that is formally sent or presented to someone, so that they can consider or decide about it.