What is open book examination system?
Open book exam is an assessment method designed in such a way that allows students to refer to textbooks, class notes, or any other approved material while answering questions. It can also mean that students are provided with the question paper before writing the exam.
Who started open book exam?
Delhi University, DU started the Open-Book Examination (OBE) 2021 for UG/PG/NCWEB courses on Monday. As per reports, nearly 35,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students took the online open-book exams on the first day. The official from DU said that no technical glitches were reported during the open-book exams.
How do you conduct an open book exam?
Steps to prepare for an open-book exam
- Step 1: Understanding expectations. Make sure you understand your instructor’s expectations for the exam and that you clearly understand the exam framework:
- Step 2: Review the course objectives and themes.
- Step 3: Prepare study notes.
- Step 4: Practice.
- Step 5: Make a system.
What is open book examination PDF?
An “open book examination” is one in which examinees are allowed to consult their class notes, textbooks, and other approved material while answering questions.
Can you Google in an open book exam?
However, if in the widest sense of the term, an “open book” exam usually means you can bring in any printed materials you like (but not electronic devices that can search for new material after seeing the questions, or electronic repositories of material).
What are the advantages and disadvantages of open book exams?
Advantages and Disadvantages of Open Book Examination
- Less Difficult on Recall. In an Open book exam, students can check the books.
- Provides the Second Chance. Students get a second chance to obtain knowledge.
- Enhances Retrieval Skills. It helps in remembering things for a longer duration.
What are the challenges of open book exam?
- If students are not guided well to give open-book exams, they may just copy what is in the textbook.
- Training a large number of evaluators in the new evaluation method is also a challenge.
- The lack of quality teachers in India will be a serious challenge in implementing the new way of teaching.