Is there a SP2 for Server 2008 R2?
Windows Server 2008 has an SP2, which is probably what you downloaded. The current version of Windows Server 2008 R2 is SP1.
How do I Uninstall a service pack?
Un-installing the Service Pack Start Update Manager: Run UpdateManager. bat/sh from /bin directory. Select the service pack, which needs to be uninstalled, from the Installed Service Pack list. Click the Uninstall button to proceed with the un-installation.
How do I manually Uninstall a service?
To summarize this method:
- Open the Windows Registry.
- Navigate to the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services.
- Backup the services key.
- Identify the service that you want to delete.
- Left-click on that service and press delete on the keyboard.
How do I Uninstall a serve?
From the Windows Start menu, click Settings > Control Panel > Add/ Remove Programs. The Add/Remove Programs dialog box opens. Scroll to the Service Manager server program and click Remove.
How do I uninstall Service Pack 3?
Scroll through the programs window, click “Service Pack 3,” and then click “Remove.” Follow the guided prompts to complete the uninstall.
How do I uninstall Windows 10 Service Pack 1?
The easiest way to uninstall SP1 is using Programs and Features.
- Click the Start button, click Control Panel, click Programs, and then click Programs and Features.
- Click View installed updates.
- Click Service Pack for Microsoft Windows (KB 976932), and then click Uninstall.
How do I uninstall and install windows services?
Uninstall using InstallUtil.exe utility
- From the Start menu, select the Visual Studio directory, then select Developer Command Prompt for VS .
- Run InstallUtil.exe from the command prompt with your project’s output as a parameter:
How do I uninstall Windows Server 2008?
How to: How To Uninstall Programs in Windows Server 2008 Core
- Step 1: Open Registry Editor. From command prompt, type regedit (no quotes) and press enter.
- Step 2: Navigate to the Software Location in the Registry.
- Step 3: Copy the “UninstallString” Value and Paste into Command Prompt.
How do I remove a server service?
Start the registry editor (regedit.exe) Move to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services key. Select the key of the service you want to delete. From the Edit menu select Delete.