Are dog treats from China safe?
Of course, not all China-made treats are harmful. But, a “Made in China” label should prompt you to scrutinize your options more closely. That’s because the US Food and Drug Administration has linked jerky pet treats to a severe condition called the Fanconi Syndrome (FLS), which could result in fatal kidney failure.
What chicken jerky treats are killing dogs?
Reports of serious illness in dogs associated with the consumption of Chinese-made chicken jerky treats continue to be filed by pet owners….
- Waggin’ Train Jerky Treats or Tenders (Nestle Purina)
- Canyon Creek Ranch Jerky Treats or Tenders (Nestle Purina)
- Milo’s Kitchen Home-Style Dog Treats (Del Monte Corp)
Are chicken treats safe for dogs?
Last November, the FDA said chicken jerky products — sometimes marketed as chicken tenders, strips or treats — “may be associated with illness in dogs.” Last year, the FDA had received 70 reports of ill dogs, possibly related to chicken jerky, up until its Nov. 18 advisory.
Did China give us poisoned dog food?
On March 15, 2007, FDA learned that certain pet foods were sickening and killing cats and dogs. FDA found contaminants in vegetable proteins imported into the United States from China and used as ingredients in pet food. A portion of the tainted pet food was used to produce farm animal feed and fish feed.
What chicken dog treats are recalled?
recalled its popular Waggin’ Train and Canyon Creek Ranch brand dog treats, and Del Monte Corp. officials recalled their Milo’s Kitchen Chicken Jerky and Chicken Grillers home-style dog treats from shelves nationwide.
Which dog treats are made in China?
So far, the brands implicated are all made in China:
- Beefeaters Sweet Potato Snacks for Dogs.
- Canyon Creek Ranch Chicken Yam Good Dog Treats (FDA has issued a warning on this product)
- Drs. Foster and Smith (exact item not specified in the report)
- Dogswell Veggie Life Vitality.