What is discussing a question?
Discuss. ‘Discuss’ question words typically require an in-depth answer that takes into account all aspects of the debate concerning a research topic or argument. You must demonstrate reasoning skills with this type of question, by using evidence to make a case for or against a research topic/argument.
How do you write a discussion post in APA format?
- Using APA in discussion posts is very similar to using APA in a paper.
- You need to cite your sources in your discussion post both in-text and in a references section.
- Note: There is not currently a way to create a hanging indent if your reference goes on more than one line.
What is an initial discussion post?
An initial post is your first response to a question posed by the instructor. Provide a clear answer to the question (incorporating some of the wording of the question in your answer if possible).
How long is a discussion post?
Your challenge is to compose messages that are both substantive and concise. If your discussion post is more than 2–3 paragraphs in length, consider editing it down. Many people find that this process of crafting good discussion messages helps them improve their writing considerably.
What is a good personal question?
Here are 13 personal conversation starters:
- You show up to your new job; How do you make friends?
- How have your friends influenced your personality?
- What small things make you happy?
- Where did you grow up?
- What are your siblings like?
- How’d you meet your best friend?
How do you formulate a question?
Use these guidelines when developing questions:
- Plan your questions.
- Know your purpose.
- Open conversation.
- Speak your listener’s language.
- Use neutral wording.
- Follow general questions with specific ones.
- Focus your questions so they ask one thing at a time.
- Ask only essential questions.