What is the point of Imgur?
Imgur is an image hosting and sharing site, favoured by users of social media and social news sites including Reddit, Twitter and Digg because of its ease of use and flexibility.
Can you post links on Reddit?
You can hyperlink on your Reddit posts or comments by using the icon that looks like a chain, which is available on both desktop and mobile devices. Hyperlinking to other pages is a great way to beef up your Reddit posts and make them more informative.
Why does Imgur take so long to upload?
Imgur has just informed us this is resolved. An anti-spam mechanism they use was causing a DNS timeout on image uploads, adding almost exactly 10 seconds of latency to every upload. You should find all image uploads speedy once again across the network.
How do you post a video on Reddit?
To upload a video from your desktop, click “Submit Link” on a video-enabled subreddit, then click “Choose File,” select the video to upload, choose a thumbnail, add a title, and click “Submit.” On Reddit’s mobile apps, click “Post something interesting” at the top of your “Home” feed (or click “Post to r/___” on a …
How do you post NSFW on Reddit app?
On mobile . Go to the post options on the top right, next to the save icon. Tap that, then tap “Mark NSFW”. It applies a”NSFW” tag to the post.
Does Imgur have an upload limit?
There is an upload limit of 50 images per hour. There is no upload limit per account, so upload to your heart’s desire!
How do I host an image on Reddit?
Go to http://imgur.com/, select upload images, select the option you want, then you will be given a few links. Choose the direct one and post it where you want to. The answer to this is so cryptic it’s beyond belief.
How does Imgur make money?
Imgur’s largest source of revenue is advertising. They use sophisticated marketing techniques to sell their ad space, in addition to traditional ad serving strategies. However, Imgur does not rely solely on ad revenue.
Does Imgur have viruses?
Imgur is currently experiencing major issues that are a security risk for all users. Not sure if the Imgur team realizes the scope of the issue but there is a virus link on every third post for me. In its current state, imgur is unusable so until a fix is found the best interest for the user is to shut it down.
Is Imgur social media?
Imgur is a social networking platform where users share images online. Due to use on other social media networks like Facebook and Digg, Imgur has since grown in popularity even further. By 2014, two thirds of all popular Reddit posts were links to images on Imgur.
Is Imgur slow?
On abb 50/20 hfc and generally things work well, however one bugbear is that Imgur (while on Reddit) can be painfully slow. Like, 10-15s for a 1mb image.
How do you hyperlink on Reddit?
It takes just some simple steps:
- Log in to your Reddit account.
- Write your comment.
- Copy the URL of the website you would like to link.
- Click on the link toolbar (the one highlighted in yellow).
- Paste the URL previously selected by you and insert the link.
How do you post a pic on Reddit?
Using the Reddit app on your android phone to post a picture is possible too….
- Open your web browser, go to www.reddit.com, and log in.
- Click the picture icon on the right corner of the post window.
- Choose the images that you want to post.
- Choose your community.
- Add Your Title in the title box.
- Click on the Post button.
Can I upload PDF to Imgur?
Option 1 (the easiest): Convert your PDF into an image file. One way is a free web-based service called Imgur that will allow you to convert your . pdf to an image. Once it’s uploaded, right click on the preview image and click save as to save the image to your desktop. This will save your new .
How do I make a link on Imgur?
- Right-click on the image and choose Open Image in New Tab.
- Right-click on the image and choose Copy Image Address.
- After you uploaded the image click on the little arrow on the top right corner of the image and go to Get share links.
- Once there get the BBCode link surrounded by the [img] tag.
How do I use Imgur?
Simply tap a post thumbnail that looks interesting and you’re away! Once you’ve tapped, beneath the image or images you’ll see comments left by fellow Imgurians. Once on a post you can continue to browse through the stream of images by swiping. Tap the Imgur logo to return to the home screen.
What does Imgur mean?
How do I get Imgur API?
How To Get Access to the Imgur API (Imgur API Key)?
- Sign up for a RapidAPI User Account.
- Navigate to the Imgur API Page.
- Subscribe to the Imgur API.
- Register an Imgur application.
- Connect the application to your account.
- Obtain the access token.
- Head to the Imgur RapidAPI page and fill in the Header Parameters section.
How do I use Imgur on Reddit?
A step-by-step guide to posting to Reddit using Imgur
- Step 1: Create a Reddit account.
- Step 2: Request ‘flair’ from the various subreddits.
- Step 3: Create an Imgur account.
- Step 4: Upload an image to Imgur.
- Step 5: Share the image to Imgur’s library.
- Step 6: Share to Reddit subreddit /r/comics.
- Step 7: Participate.
How do I mark a post NSFW?
Tap the post you want to mark as NSFW. Tap ⋯. It’s the icon with the three dots in the upper-right corner of the post. Tap Mark NSFW.
How do I post an Imgur link on Reddit?
- Upload image to Imgur. “Upload Image” on the top of the page, select image to upload, click “Start Upload”
- Click “Submit a new link” in the sidebar.
- Paste the link to the image you uploaded.
Can I upload video to Imgur?
We’re breaking the sound barrier! You can upload video on any of our platforms! You will need to be opted in to the desktop beta experience to do this on desktop however.
How long do Imgur links last?
Forever! An image is only removed if deletion is requested.
Does Imgur cost money?
However, Imgur recently announced that its Pro features are now available for free. Imgur’s Pro tools used to cost $3 per month with a discount at $24 per year. Imgur users upgraded to Imgur Pro to have ads removed, to access advanced analytics and to have less file size limitations for sharing images.
How do you add flair on Reddit app?
You can flair your post when creating the post. Tap the flair button under where the title goes on the iOS version, the tag icon to the right on the android version. User flair cannot be applied using the app, you’ll need to use the desktop site for that. The option is usually found in the subreddit’s sidebar.
How do I upload to Imgur?
The simplest way to upload images on Imgur is to click the “New post” button at the top of the page, which can be found in the header on all Imgur pages. From there you can click on “browse” to find images stored on your device. You can also drag and drop your images directly to the pop-up modal.
What is Imgur API?
The Imgur API is a RESTful API based on HTTP requests and XML or JSON(P) responses. If you’re familiar with the APIs of Twitter, Amazon’s S3, del.icio.us, or a host of other web services, you’ll feel right at home. This version of the API, version 3, uses OAuth 2.0.