What is the formal version of ser?
The present tense of ser
|usted es||You (formal) are|
|nosotros somos||We are|
|vosotros sois||You all (informal) are|
|ellos/ellas son||They are|
What is the command form in Spanish?
Another word for Spanish commands is “imperatives,” and we use them to give direct orders by addressing someone (or a group). Both affirmative and negative commands in Spanish are most often in the second person informal (tú, vosotros). Commands exist most often in the informal, or familiar tú, form.
What are some commands in Spanish?
Informal Spanish Commands – Affirmative & Negative
|verb||tú command (affirmative)||example|
|hacer (to do, to make)||haz||Haz la cama. (Make the bed.)|
|ir (to go)||ve||Vete. (Go away.)|
|poner (to put, to place)||pon||Ponlo en mi habitación. (Put it in my room.)|
|salir (to go out, to leave)||sal||Sal de aquí. (Get out of here.)|
How do you use ser forms?
SER is an irregular verb. You just need to memorize the form that goes with each pronoun….Free Spanish Grammar Lesson.
|Pronoun||Present Tense Verb Form|
|Ellos, Ellas, Ustedes||son|
How do you write ser?
If you wish to tell what your name is, you must use the verb ser. Here is an example of this use: Yo soy Patricia y ella es Carol….Here are some examples of this use:
- John es mi jefe. (John is my boss.)
- Nosotros somos hermanos. (We are brothers.)
- Lauren es mi suegra. (Lauren is my mother-in-law.)
How do you properly use ser?
When to Use Ser
- Use Ser When Describing People or Things. Ser is used for both physical descriptions and character descriptions or personality traits.
- Use Ser to Describe a Person’s Occupation.
- Use Ser to Talk About Relationships.
- Use Ser to Talk About Possession.
- Use Ser to Talk About the Time.